Americas Best Value Inn

Monday, July 23, 2018

Osun permanent secretary’s son commits suicide

Osun permanent secretary’s son commits suicide lailasnews

An Osun permanent secretary’s son identified as Tolulope Kolawole, has reportedly committed suicide, and according to sources it was all because he could no longer make ends meet.

32-year-old Tolulope who lived in Halleluya Estate in Osogbo before the incident, hung himself on Thursday, barely a year after his mother, Olufunke Kolawole, was abducted on her way to Abuja on an official assignment and eventually killed in Kogi State.

Before his death, it was gathered that the Osun permanent secretary’s son who left a wife behind, was said to have complained bitterly about the downward in the farm he was managing. However a resident of the area who spoke to Punch Correspondent, disclosed that the deceased had a friend in Ibadan, Oyo State, who he confided in that he was finding things very tough and that his wife had complained bitterly about it.
“The friend, whose name I can’t recall, was said to have been very helpful with monetary support and had warned him against taking any negative step to finding a solution to his challenge.”
The case was reported at the Dada Estate Police Station, before it was transferred to the Osun State Police Command in Osogbo, according to a Police source who also confirmed the incident.
“The young man was said to have lamented the lull in the business bequeathed to him by his late mum.
“He was said to be constantly complaining to one of his friends in Ibadan, Oyo State, and that one kept encouraging him and offering him financial support.
“But he decided to hang himself when he could no longer bear it.
It was further gathered that Kolawole who is the first son of the late Permanent Secretary, Bureau of General Services, Office of the Governor of Osun State, placed a rope round his neck and was standing on a chair,  but had not kicked the chair away before somebody arrived at the scene.
“The person was said to have pleaded with him and had ran to call residents, but the deceased was said to be found dangling before help could come.”

No comments: